|AGROTIKI INSURANCE undertakes the third parties liability insurance coverage of the Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games "ATHENS 2004"
AGROTIKI INSURANCE was selected after its participation in the international tender that was proclaimed by the organizing committee of "ATHENS 2004" on September 2003.
It involves one of the greatest contracts of the insurance market in the third party civil liability branch. The insurance cost will amount to 4,5 million euros and the duration of the contract will extend from 15th April 2004 until 31st December 2005.
The contract provides for the insurance of all members of the organizational committee, the athletes, the reporters, the guests of the sponsors, the insurance units and the volunteers during the days of the games, for any injury that might be caused owing to an accident in the premises of the Olympic locations and events, due to the organization.
In particular, according to the contract, the parties insured are:
- The Olympic Games "ATHENS 2004" organizing committee
- Any direct or indirect subsidiary enterprise, of any legal form that might contribute to the covered activities
- Partnerships, trusts, and all types of unions between persons as far as they are formed within the frame of the covered activities
- The Board of Director's members, the legal representatives, the managerial executives and any other person to whom the administrative or even managerial duties have been assigned, within the framework of these duties, as well as during their transfer abroad
- The additional salaried or not employees, including those involved in the voluntary scheme, while exercising their duties
- The trainees, paid or not, who have been accepted or sent for training by an insured, the candidates for employment, as well as those who provide medical services, those who are occupied in the first aids, in case of lack or beyond their insurance coverage.
- Any person that voluntarily provides services to an insured
The activities that are covered include, among others, the preparation for the organization, the preliminary celebration events, the residence, transfer and nourishment of "ATHENS 2004" guests, any commercial or advertising activity, construction, repair, administration of edifices and all kinds of premises on behalf of "ATHENS 2004" as well as social, athletic, cultural, medical, entertaining, educational or tourist activities.
The "ATHENS 2004" Organizing Committee is covered against all kinds of physical or moral damage against a physical person and for all the financial losses that might derive from the above, for any damage, destruction or even loss of assets, as well as for any financial loss that might derive from the deprivation of a right or the interruption of a service for which it holds liability.
The provided insurance coverage includes mainly the consequences of the insured party's liability from:
- Deeds or even omissions of subcontractors, assignees or suppliers of "ATHENS 2004"
- The contracts that has been signed by the Organizing Committee with the Greek Government or any other foreign state, with administrative authorities, local authorities, rental companies etc.
- Its capacity as an employer.
- The claims to any form of organization that has paid social benefits
- Cases of theft, fraud, embezzlement
The insurance coverage also includes the payment of all necessary expenses for the defense of the insured before any court for incidents that are covered by the present contract.
The amount of coverage for physical injuries, material and immaterial damages corresponds to 200.000,000 euro per damage and for the covered period, from which:
- For an accidental act against the environment 5.000.000 euros per damage and for the period covered, and 500.000 euros per damage for legal expenses and legalsupport
- 1.000.000 euros per damage for the mobile assets under care, custody or control
- For material and immaterial damages, a deductible exemption of 15.000 per claim, is applicable
The reinsurance coverage was classified in levels as follows:
A) 29.850.000 euros, in excess of 150.000 euros per claim
B) 70.000.000 euros, in excess of 30.000.000 euros per claim
C) 100.000.000 euros, in excess of 100.000.000 euros per claim.