In accordance with article 23 of Law 3461/2006 (the Law), the Dutch private limited liability company (besloten vennootschap) under the corporate name DELHAIZE THE LION NEDERLAND B.V. (the Offeror), announces the following:
1. On 12 March 2010 (the Date of the Tender Offer), the Offeror submitted a voluntary tender offer (the Tender Offer) to acquire all common registered shares of the société anonyme under the name ALFA-BETA VASSILOPOULOS S.A. (the Company), each having a nominal value of 1.50 Euro (the Shares) that it did not hold as at 11 March 2010, in accordance with the Law, at a price of 35.73 Euro per Share (the Offer Price).
2. As at 11 March 2010, (i) the Companys paid-up share capital amounted to 19,099,080 Euro and was divided into 12,732,720 Shares, and (ii) the Offeror held 11,459,593 Shares, representing approximately 90.001% of the Companys total paid up share capital and voting rights.
3. On 8 April 2010, the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Capital Market Commission (the CMC) approved the Offerors information circular relating to the Tender Offer (the Information Circular), while the period for accepting the Tender Offer started on 14 April and ended on 12 May 2010 (the Acceptance Period).
4. During the Acceptance Period, 15 shareholders of the Company lawfully and validly accepted the Tender Offer (the Accepting Shareholders) and tendered 98,102 Shares in total, representing approximately 0.77% of the Companys total paid-up share capital and voting rights (the Tendered Shares). In addition, from the Date of the Tender Offer until the end of the Acceptance Period, the Offeror purchased through the Athens Exchange in aggregate 8,122 Shares representing approximately 0.06% of the Companys total paid up share capital and voting rights. Therefore, at completion of the off-exchange transfer of the Tendered Shares in the manner described in the Information Circular, the Offeror will hold in aggregate 11,565,817 Shares, representing approximately 90.83% of the Companys total paid-up share capital and voting rights. This percentage does not include any additional Shares which the Offeror might purchase until completion of the above off-exchange transfer.
5. The date of commencement of payment of the Offer Price to the Accepting Shareholders is 20 May 2010. National Bank of Greece S.A. (the Tender Agent) will pay the Offer Price to each Accepting Shareholder in the manner that each of them has selected in the declaration of acceptance of the Tender Offer (the Declaration of Acceptance), that is through either (i) a deposit to their bank account kept with the Tender Agent, or (ii) a payment in cash to the Accepting Shareholder at any branch of the Tender Agent in Greece, against presentation of his/her identity card or passport and a valid copy of the Declaration of Acceptance. It is reminded that the transfer tax at a rate of 0.15% imposed pursuant to Article 21 of Law 3697/2008 in conjunction with Article 42 of Law 3756/2009 and Article 4 paragraph 4 of Law 3808/2009, will be deducted from the Offer Price and withheld by Hellenic Exchanges S.A., Holding, Clearing, Settlement and Registry.
6. The Offeror will exercise the squeeze-out right without delay, in accordance with article 27 of the Law, whilst it has already given a standing purchase order to authorized investment services firms to purchase Shares on its behalf at the Offer Price, in the context of the sell-out right of the Companys shareholders, in accordance with article 28 of the Law.