|Listed Companies' Press Releases
Press Search |
ALTEC C.A. INFORM. & COMMUN. SYST.|
ARCADIA METAL IND. C. ROKAS S.A.
EGNATIA BANK S.A.
PLAISIO COMPUTERS S.A.
BANK OF GREECE
COMMERCIAL BANK OF GREECE S.A.
ASPIS BANK S.A.
EUROLINE INVESTMENTS CO.
HERACLES GENERAL CEMENT COMPANY S.A.
ATTICA HOLDINGS S.A.
C. CARDASSILARIS & SONS - CARDICO S.A.
ELVAL ALUM. PROCESS. Co. S.A.
HELLENIC TELECOM. ORG.
PIRAEUS BANK S.A.
PIRAEUS BANK S.A.
ALTEC C.A. INFORM. & COMMUN. SYST. : Comments on Recent Press Article
In reply to the Athens Exchange's letter dated 10/4/2006 regarding the article of the IMERISIA newspaper on 08/04/2006 under the title "ALTEC - MIT upcoming agreement for the 100$ laptop", we would like to notify you that ALTEC, with continuous efforts for its strategic development is focused on areas primarily related to services, integrated solutions and innovating products of added value, which are also related with telecommunications services. Therefore, the company is in a constant search, examination, discussions and negotiations regarding to various co operations and synergies for the creation-development of new products and services.
ALTEC's basic goals are: technological innovation, user friendly interfaces combined with affordable prices for consumers. Due to these efforts, our company- as it is already known- has been classified among the biggest 700 European enterprises leading investments for Research and Growth, according to the recent report of the European Committee; 'EU Industrial R&D Investment Scoreboard 2005'.
Under this scope, the case of manufactured products such as computers in affordable prices with the ability to combine their function with mobility, is also included to the company's. However, all the above are under development and testing and there is up to now no much result in order to start commercial exploitation. As soon as this goal will be accomplished, we shall properly inform your services, as well as investors and the general consuming public.
Furthermore, regarding the specific article, we note that the upcoming agreement with specific scientific organizations or personalities as mentioned in the article, does not correspond in reality. However, we monitor their extremely interesting opinions expressed in public.
ARCADIA METAL IND. C. ROKAS S.A. : Announcement
C. ROKAS SA would like to announce to its shareholders and the general investing public that as of today, 11 April 2006, the Company's Annual Report for 2005 is available electronically on our website http://www.rokasgroup.gr .
For further information, any interested parties may contact the Shareholders Relations Department (Mr. Iosif Michailidis) on tel. 210-877 4100.
EGNATIA BANK S.A. : Composition of the Board of Directors
Further to today's election from the Board of Directors of the "EGNATIA BANK S.A." of new members in replacement of the ones resigned, the composition of the Board of Directors of "EGNATIA BANK S.A." is the following:
1. Vassilios Theocharakis, Chairman of the Board of Directors
2. Alexandros Bakatselos, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors
3. Vassilios Keltsopoulos, Managing Director and executive member of the Board of Directors
4. Andreas Vgenopoulos, executive member of the Board of Directors
5. Eleftherios Hiliadakis, executive member of the Board of Directors
6. Androniki Plakomihelaki, executive member of the Board of Directors
7. Panagiotis Throuvalas, executive member of the Board of Directors
8. Nikolaos Theocharakis, non executive member of the Board of Directors
9. Despoina Theocharaki, non executive member of the Board of Directors
10. Konstantinos Los, non executive and independent member of the Board of Directors
11. Ioannis Grammatidis, non executive and independent member of the Board of Directors
Moreover, the following members were elected for the Executive Committee
1. Andreas Vgenopoulos, Chairman
2. Eleftherios Hiliadakis, Member
3. Vassilios Keltsopoulos, Member
4. Androniki Plakomihelaki, Member
5. Panagiotis Throuvalas, Member
PLAISIO COMPUTERS S.A. : Presentation to the ASE Members Association
|On Tuesday, April 11th 2006, Plaisio Computers held a presentation to the ASE Members Association. The Company's President and CEO Mr. George Gerardos analyzed the FY2005 financial results. The electronic form of the presentation can be found on the Company's web site (www.plaisio.gr). |
BANK OF GREECE : Euro area investment fund statistics December 2005 - Euro area investment fund statistics February 2006
|Download the Press Release_2005,
the Press Release_2006 and the tables
COMMERCIAL BANK OF GREECE S.A. : Uses of proceeds from the share capital increase by means of contribution in cash and rights issue to existing shareholders, according to the second repeat shareholders general meeting held on 21 september 2005
Following the completion of the Share Capital Increase of "EMPORIKI BANK OF GREECE S.A." (the "Bank") at 22 December 2005, by means of contribution in cash and rights issue to existing shareholders, which took place in accordance to the Second Repeat Shareholders General Meeting held on 21 September 2005, a total of 26.478.294 new ordinary registered voting shares of the Bank were issued with a par value of ? 5,50 per share and an offer price of ? 15,00 per share. The gross proceeds of the issue amounted to ? 397.174,41 thousands and the issuance costs amounted to ? 5.766,42 thousands. Total proceeds raised, net of the relevant expenses, amounted to ? 391.407,99 thousands. The 26.478.294 new ordinary registered voting shares issued commenced trading on the Athens Stock Exchange on 3 January 2006. The proceeds of the Share Capital Increase were solely and exclusively used to enhance the Bank s capital, as specifically stated in the relevant Offering Circular dated 10 November 2005. The table set out below shows the effect of the Share Capital Increase to Shareholders Equity.
TABLE OF USES OF PROCEEDS (amounts in thousands of euro)
Shareholders Equity on 31/12/2004: 411.423,25.
Effect of Share Capital Increase by means of contribution in cash and rights issue to existing shareholders, completed on 22 December 2005, net of the issuance costs: 391.407,99.
Increase in Shareholders Equity during 2005 from other sources: 235.843,74.
Shareholders Equity on 31/12/2005: 1.038.674,98.
Report on Agreed Upon Procedures: To the Board of Directors of Emporiki Bank of Greece S.A.:
Following the instructions received by the Board of Directors of Emporiki Bank of Greece S.A. ("the Bank") we have performed certain agreed upon procedures the objective of which was to agree the figures presented in the attached Statement "USES OF PROCEEDS FROM THE SHARE CAPITAL INCREASE BY MEANS OF CONTRIBUTION IN CASH AND RIGHTS ISSUE TO EXISTING SHAREHOLDERS" to the corresponding figures recorded in the Bank s books and records. The attached Statement is the responsibility of the Bank s Management. Our work was conducted in accordance to the International Standard on Related Services "ISRS 4400" which applies to the conduct of agreed upon procedures. Our responsibility is to perform the agreed upon procedure set out below and to report to you our findings. Based on our work described above, we confirm that the figures on "TABLE OF USES OF PROCEEDS" set out in the attached Statement, agree to the books and records of the Bank for the year ended 31 December 2005, after taking into account the adjusting entries made for the purposes of converting to International Financial Reporting Standards. Because the above procedures do not constitute either an audit or a review made in accordance with International Standards on Auditing or International Standards on Review Engagements, we do not express any assurance other than what we state in the paragraph above. Our report is solely for the use of the Board of Directors of Emporiki Bank of Greece S.A. for the purpose of meeting the requirements of the Greek Capital Markets Committee and is not to be used for any other purpose or to be distributed to any other parties. This report relates only to the items specified above and does not extend to the financial statements of the Bank for the year ended 31 December 2005, for which, in our capacity as statutory auditors, we issued a separate auditors report dated 30 March 2006.
ASPIS BANK S.A. : Invitation to the Annual General Shareholder's Meeting
The Board of Directors of the Societe Anonyme with the corporate name "ASPIS BANK SOCIETE ANONYME" pursuant to a resolution paned at its Board of Directors meeting of the 10th April 2006, invites the Bank's Shareholders to the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders, to be held on Wednesday 3rd May 2006, at 12 a.m., which will take place, in the "Great Britain Hotel", situated in Syntagma Square, Athens, in order to discuss and decide upon the following items of the Agenda:
1. Approval of the company consolidated Annual Financial Statements for the financial year 2005.
2. Discharge of the Board of Directors members and auditors from any liability for indemnification for the financial year 2005.
3. Election of one regular and one Substitute Auditor for the financial year 2006.
4. Approval of the election of members of the Board of Directors, replacing resigned members.
5. Election of a new Board of Directors and of its independent members.
6. Approval of contracts according to article 23a of law 2190/1920.
7. Approval of the remuneration of members of the Board of Directors for the financial year 2005 and pre-approval of the remuneration of members of the Board of Directors for the financial year 2006 according to articles 23a and 24 of law 2190/1920.
8. Update of the stock option plan.
9. Permission to Board of Directors members to participate in legal entities of similar scope to that of the Bank.
10. Various announcements.
In order for the Shareholders to participate in the aforesaid General Meeting, in person or by a proxy and in order for them to exercise their voting rights, Shareholders must, according to the law and the Articles of Association, apply to their broker or the Central Securities Depository, in order to engage part or all of their shares and deposit the certificate of the Central Securities Depository, together with their proxy forms, to the Bank's central premises at least five (5) full days prior to the appointed date of the General Meeting.
EUROLINE INVESTMENTS CO. : Introduction for trading of new shares that resulted from the merger by
asquisition of "MARFIN GLOBAL INVESTMENTS S.A." (Currently under liquidation).
The Board of Directors of the company EUROLINE INVESTMENTS S.A. announces that, as from Thursday, April 13, 2006, the trading of the 10,629.194 new common registered shares of a nominal value of EUR 3.63 will be introduced for trading on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX). It is noted that the new shares resulted from the share capital increase of the company EUROLINE INVESTMENTS S.A. (acquiring company) carried out due to the merger by acquisition of the company ?MARFIN GLOBAL INVESTMENTS S.A.?, which is currently under liquidation (acquired company). On the same date, i.e. 13.04.2006, the opening price for the trading on the ATHEX of the aforementioned shares of the Acquiring company will be determined in accordance with the ATHEX Regulation and the ATHEX BoD Decision no.35/24.11.2005, as currently in force.
The new shares that resulted from the above merger will have been credited by the Central Securities Depository, according to the agreed shares? exchange ratio, to the beneficiary-shareholders? accounts that are observed in the Dematerialized Securities System (DSS) of the CSD prior to the start of the trading session of the ATHEX on 13.04. 2006.
The shares' exchange ratio for shareholders of the merged companies is as follows:
a) Shareholders of "EUROLINE INVESTMENTS S.A.? will receive 0.8000000000 new registered shares of the Acquiring company of a nominal value of EUR 3.63 for each 1 old share of the Acquiring company of a nominal value of EUR 2.93.
b) Shareholders of MARFIN GLOBAL INVESTMENTS S.A., which is currently under liquidation, will receive 0.7216490291 new registered shares of the Acquiring company of a par value of EUR 3.63 for every 1 old share of the Acquired company of a par value of EUR 2.55.
After the merger, which the Ministry of Development approved by its relevant decision on 13.1.2006, the share capital of ?EUROLINE INVESTMETNS S.A.? amounts henceforth to EUR 38,583,974.22 and is divided into 10,629,194 common registered shares of a nominal value of EUR 3.63 each.
Also, the ATHEX Board of Directors, during its session on 5.04.2006, approved the introduction for trading on the ATHEX of the 10,629,194 new shares and was also informed about the increase in the par value of the share from EUR 2.93 to EUR 3.63.
Moreover, a copy of the Prospectus that was drawn up and issued for the said merger may be obtained from the offices of ?EUROLINE INVESTMENTS S.A.? (32, Aegialias Str., Athens, Greece) or the web sites of the ATHEX (www.ase.gr) and the acquiring company (www.eurolineaeex.gr).
For further information, Messrs. Shareholders may contact-during business days and hours- the company's Shareholders' Service Department at +30 210-6842320, contact person: Mrs. Dimitra Michou).
HERACLES GENERAL CEMENT COMPANY S.A. : Announcement regarding the update of analysts on the Annual Results 2005
HERACLES General Cement Company announces that according to the regulation of the Athens Stock Exchange, article 292, the update of analysts on the Annual results 2005, which were sent to the ASE 30/3/2006, after the closing of the Stock Market, and were published to the Press 31/3/2006, took place at 12ç of April 2006, 10:00 at the Head offices of our company in Lykovrissi.
Download the Presentation
INTRACOM S.A. : INTRACOM TELECOM signed 3 new contract extensions amounting in total euro 4.2
million with Telekom Serbia
INTRACOM TELECOM signed 3 new contract extensions amounting in total euro 4.2 million with Telekom Serbia.
The first extension refers to the delivery of ISDN terminal devices with their corresponding Network Management System.
The second extension refers to the provision of 3 new Intelligent Network Services that will run on the existing Platform, already provided by INTRACOM TELECOM. These new services -Prepaid Card Calling, Account Card Calling and Virtual Private Network- will enable Telekom Serbia to offer to its fixed subscribers more advanced value added services increasing further its revenues. The third extension is in relation to the expansion of the SS7 Monitoring System to cover a bigger part of the Signaling network of Telekom Serbia's National exchanges. INTRACOM TELECOM has developed a broad portfolio of value added services for fixed line and mobile telephony networks, as well as Voice Over IP networks. These services can be customized according to each operator's special requirements. The Monitoring System of the Signaling Network, extracts data from all the SS7 links in a network providing a comprehensive picture about the network, calls and services in real time. These projects further enhance INTRACOM TELECOM presence in Serbia and Montenegro, having already supplied the Public Pay phones including their Management System, a large quantity of ISDN terminal devices as well as the SS7 monitoring system for both the National and International networks of Telekom Serbia and the IN Services platform along with four value added services.
About INTRACOM TELECOM
INTRACOM TELECOM is a subsidiary of INTRACOM HOLDINGS, one of the largest multinational Groups in Greece. The company is a leading telecommunications equipment vendor and solutions provider for fixed and mobile operators. The company delivers end-to-end future proof solutions, implements large-scale turn-key projects and provides a wide range of professional and outsourcing services to telecommunications operators. INTRACOM TELECOM operates subsidiaries in 12 countries and, together with them, is active in 60 countries, strategically aiming to the area of South Eastern Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
ATTICA HOLDINGS S.A. : Conclusion of sale of SUPERFAST IX to as TALLINK GRUPP
Further to Attica's announcement on Monday, 10th April, 2006, the Board of Directors of Attica Holdings S.A. wishes to announce that following the completion of the sale of Superfast VII and Superfast VIII on Monday 10th April, 2006, it has concluded today the sale and delivery of Superfast IX to AS Tallink Grupp. The delivery of Superfast IX took place in Tallinn, Estonia. It is reminded that the sale price of the three vessels, Superfast VII, Superfast VIII and Superfast IX of Euro 310 mln tï AS Tallink Grupp, generates for Attica Group additional cash of approximately Euro 102 mln and capital gains of approximately Euro 11 mln, which will appear in the Group's second quarter 2006 results.
For more information please contact:
Mr. Yannis Criticos
Member of the Board
tel.: +30 210 891 9500
fax : +30 210 891 9509
C. CARDASSILARIS & SONS - CARDICO S.A. : Announcement
The Board of Directors of Con. Cardassilaris & Sons SA referring to today's publication of "Imerisia" newspaper declares that no negotiations of any type are carrying out between the company and PEPSICO.
ELVAL ALUM. PROCESS. Co. S.A. : Announcement
|ELVAL, S.A. would like to announce that, from April 12, 2006, following a pertinent resolution of the company's Board of Directors, Mr. Panayiotis Konistis will be the responsible officer of the company regarding investors' services, replacing Mr. George Chronopoulos. |
HELLENIC TELECOM. ORG. : Announcement
|Hellenic Telecommunications Organization SA (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE), the Greek full-service telecommunications provider, announced that it has acquired today 622,000 common shares of Cosmote SA, representing approximately 0.186% of the outstanding share capital of its Greek mobile phone subsidiary. The purchase was carried out at the price of 20.0 euros per share. As a result of that transaction, OTE's ownership of Cosmote's share capital increased from 66.54% to 66.723% for a total of 222,647,294 shares out of 333,688,110 outstanding Cosmote shares. As a result of that transaction OTE now owns more than 2/3 of Cosmote's share capital.
PIRAEUS BANK S.A. : 2006 is a significant year of growth for Piraeus Bank
Piraeus Bank gives priority to its organic growth, according to its business plan. This was the point stressed by the Chairman and Managing Director of Piraeus Bank Group Mr. Michalis Sallas, both during the Annual General Meeting of shareholders, which was successfully held this morning, and at the Press conference given by the Bank management in the afternoon.
Mr. Sallas underlined that in 2006 the growth of Piraeus Group will continue at a satisfactory rate and it is estimated that its assets will approach Euro30 billion. Mr. Sallas mentioned that the Bank management will evaluate any case of acquisition, based on the value creation to shareholders and the growth prospects for the Group. He also stressed that Piraeus Bank has at the moment the necessary available funds to investigate, if necessary, any such case, without the need to increase its share capital.
The Group's net profit is estimated to increase in 2006 at a very satisfactory rate. Mr. Sallas said he estimates that net profit will exceed Euro380 million this year, versus Euro263.8 last year, i.e. they will rise by more than 45%.
In 2006, more emphasis will be laid on the development of retail banking operations (particularly medium and small-sized enterprises), aiming to increase loans by at least 25% in Greece and abroad. The goal for the branch network is to reach 550 branches by the end of 2006, against 450 at the end of 2005, namely to open 100 new branches in Greece and abroad. As a result, approximately 900 new jobs will be created.
In general, in his speech at the General Meeting of shareholders and the Press conference, Mr. Sallas underlined that 2006 will be a very significant year for the growth of Piraeus Bank, and an essential year for the competitiveness and enhancement of the entire Greek banking system, in Greece and abroad.
In replying to the reporters' question about interest rates, he said he does not see any significant changes until the end of the year. He mentioned that there may be a slight rise in interest rates by the European Central Bank, which however will not affect corporate or household borrowing.
In relation to the risk of over-borrowing of Greek households, Mr. Sallas said that everyone should borrow money frugally, with the aim to cover actual needs, and always based on their ability to repay the loans. He stressed that it is wrong for households to receive bank loans in order to buy short-living goods, and for purposes other than investment.
However, he pointed out that household loans now represent 38% of the Greek GDP, while the corresponding average in the euro zone is 56% of the GDP. In addition, corporate loans in Greece are still lower than the average in the euro zone. In particular, this percentage in Greece is 45%, while the average in the euro zone is 61%.
The chairman of Piraeus Bank Group described in detail the performance of the Bank in 2005, which included the following:
- the Group's increased net profit after tax and minority rights by 107%. Profit reached Euro263.8 million against Euro127.3 in 2004;
- the increased net earnings per share by 104%;
- the increased net interest income by 27% and net commissions income by 35%;
- the retaining of net interest margin (NIM) at 3.33% on interest earning assets;
- the improved of "cost to income" ratio at 54.9% (not including new acquisitions, new branches and non-repeated expenses) against 59.6% in the previous year;
- the improved return on equity (ROE) after tax to 21% against 14.9% in 2004, with shareholders' funds increased by 53%.
- the increased loan portfolio by 31% and deposits by 20%.
With reference to the Group's continuous growth, Mr. Sallas said that in 2005 Piraeus Bank acquired three foreign banks, Evrobank in Bulgaria, Atlas in Serbia, and Egyptian Commercial Bank in Egypt, thus enhancing its presence in the wider area.
The General Meeting approved the proposal of the Bank management for the distribution of a dividend of Euro 0.50 per share, which is increased by 25% compared to last year. In addition, the management proposed the distribution to shareholders of one new free share for every 4 olds shares; this will be decided at an iterative General Meeting, as it requires increased quorum.
Finally, the General Meeting elected, like every year, the Bank's Board of Directors, with the addition of two new non-executive members.
PIRAEUS BANK S.A. : Resolutions Ordinary General Meeting
Piraeus Bank S.A. announces that its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders which was held on 12.4.2006 at 9:30 a.m. was attended by shareholders representing 75.254.703 shares out of a total of 214,870,434 shares, namely 35,02%. The General Meeting resolved as follows:
- It approved the stand alone and consolidated financial statements of the fiscal year 01.01.2005-31.12.2005 (drafted according to the International Financial Reporting Standards) together with the relevant Auditors' and Board of Directors' Reports and approved the dividend payment of Euro 0,50 per share for the fiscal year 2005. Eligible to receive dividends are shareholders of record on 5.05.2006. As of May 8, 2006 (ex-dividend date), the shares of Piraeus Bank S.A. will be traded ex-dividend. Dividend payment will take place on 16.5.2006 (dividend payment date) through the Bank. In particular, in case the Operator of the shares is Piraeus Bank, the dividend corresponding to the shares under its operation will be automatically credited to the deposit account connected with the securities custody account in Piraeus Bank. In case the Operator in the Dematerialised Securities System is another Bank or Brokerage Company, such Operator will collect for account of the shareholder the corresponding dividend. In case the shareholder has requested to be exempted from the above mentioned process (at least five business days prior to the dividend payment date) by the Operator or the Central Securities Depository, the shareholder may collect the corresponding dividend himself through the branches of Piraeus Bank, by producing his ID, Tax Record Number, and optionally a copy of his stake in the Dematerialised Securities System.
- Approved the release of the members of the Board of Directors and the Auditors from any liability for indemnity with respect to the fiscal year 01.01.2005-31.12.2005.
- Approved fees and remunerations to be paid to members of the Board of Directors and executive Bank officers for the year 2005.
- Elected the audit firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers as Certified Auditors to audit the Financial Statements of the fiscal year 01.01.2006-31.12.2006 and in particular Mr. Vassilios Goutis of Christos (Rec. no. 10411) as Regular Certified Auditor, and Mr. Georgios Samothrakis of Panagiotis (Rec. no. 12161) as Substitute Certified Auditor.
- Ratified the election of Mr. Stavros Lekkakos, who was elected member of the Bank's Board of Directors with the resolution no. 1059/22.03.2006 of the Board of Directors.
- Elected new Board of Directors and designated three independent non executive members, in accordance with the provisions of law 3016/2002, as currently in force.
The composition of the new Board of Directors is as follows:
Nikolaos Zografos, Independent
Fotini Karamanli, Independent
Dimitrios - Thomas Symeonidis, Independent.
- Gave preliminary approval for remunerations to be paid to members of the Board of Directors for the year 2006.
- Approved the purchase of its own shares via a stock exchange transaction in order to support their price, according to the provisions of article 16, par. 5 to 14 of Law 2190/1920, up to 10% of the total number of its shares, i.e. 21.487.043. The minimum and maximum purchase value for the shares is between Euro 5 and Euro 50, while the purchase will take place within a year from today (i.e. the latest until 12.04.2007). The above maximum number of shares will rise to 26.858.804 shares in the event of capital share increase by an Iterative General Meeting, so that the maximum number of shares to be acquired corresponds to 10% of the total share capital, following its impending increase.
- Approved granting permission to Directors and executive officers of the Bank to participate in the management of affiliated (pursuant to article 42e, par. 5, law 2190/1920) companies of the Bank, in accordance with article 23, law 2190/1920.
- Due to lack of the quorum required by the Bank's Articles of Association and Law 2190/1920, the Meeting did not discuss nor decide on the following items of the Agenda:
8. Share capital increase of Euro 256.232.994,93 by capitalization of part of the share premium reserve account, and issuance of 53.717.609 new shares to be distributed to shareholders (one new free share for every four old shares), and corresponding amendment of article 5 of the Articles of Association. Related adjustment of the Stock Option Plan, established by resolution of the General Meeting of the Bank's Shareholders on 16.05.2005.
9. Stock option plan for the Directors and executive officers of the Bank and its affiliated companies, in accordance with article 13, par. 9, law 2190/1920.
- The Bank's Board of Directors will meet during the day to call the 1st Iterative General Meeting.